Savor the modern luxuries of time & space, and discover a level of peaceful privacy & stylish comfort that few other places, anywhere, can deliver - an unforgettable holiday for you and your partner, or a remarkable getaway for a small group of friends & family.
Whether you choose only to spend your days in quiet relaxation surrounded by unspoilt natural beauty, or you are looking for a base to explore the South of Sri Lanka, The River House encourages you to set your own pace. As a sophisticated & discerning traveller, we appreciate that you want to experience the real country, but you want to do so in style.
Welcome to The River House - a truly unique experience, in an extraordinary location, on an exceptional tropical island paradise.
| PRODUCTS & SERVICES
|Products & Services :This spacious villa is South Asian in style, with 5 large private suites and open verandahs/lounges affording picturesque views. The interiors feature original craftsmanship of wood, stone and polished cement, seamlessly blending contemporary comfort and antique splendor. Each suite has a private garden or terrace, with indoor/ outdoor showers or Jacuzzi or plunge pool and there is a spectacular tree-lined main pool with an adjoining Pavilion/ Pool House.
|Find sumptuous serenity in unexpected places...|
A spectacular luxury riverside villa, with its own tropical lake and access to a picturesque & private ocean bay ...The River House is surrounded by 7 acres of lush land, bordering the tranquil Madhu estuary - a haven for naturalists, bird enthusiasts and anglers. The delights of The River House include discreet yet friendly service, delicious island cuisine and a deeply restful and inspiring setting.
A tour de force of the renowned designer Taru, The River House is unique in its concept & design and is undeniably one of the most beautiful properties in Sri Lanka.
Offering the perfect location from which to discover the sites & feel of the South of this island, The River House promises the knowledgeable independent traveler a carefully conceived, stunningly executed, uniquely luxurious Sri Lankan travel experience.
- Loll in the pool all day
- Escape from the high-noon heat to a favourite DVD viewed
in the air-conditioned sanctuary of your suite
- Canoe up-river & hear the silence
- Sip an iced cocktail while watching the
sunset behind the foliage covered hill
- Stroll around the tropical gardens of
The River House estate; jog along the pathways and work off those extra holiday calories!
- Relax with a book in the Lounge terrace & take in the views
- Go Local and have an Afternoon Nap (siesta) after a
- Cruise the Madhu estuary in a boat and watch the passing village life
unfold along its banks.
- Stop off enroute and learn about the dying skill and
traditions of the indigenous cinnamon peeler
- Wander the local markets, temples & craft
and antique shops
- Watch the dawn break over a misty river and meditate on a
- Shop for souvenirs, including the regions famous carved wooden Devil masks
- Grab some binoculars, find your place in the shade, chilled drink at hand, and
observe the abundant birdlife all around
- Arrange to watch one of the weekly Devil Dance & Kandyan
Dance performances at the local dance school (seasonal performances and
- Pack a picnic and head to the beach to spend a morning wading in rock pools and
lazing on the sand. Or go further along the coast to the world-renown surfing
town Hikkaduwa and hit the southern Narigama beaches for long stretches of
sand and serious beach life –reggae music, beach bars & kitsch
- Make Music - choose from our selection of traditional Sri Lankan
drums and find your rhythm
- Bask in the moonlight and on quiet, breezy
evenings, listen for the distant crash of the surf breaking on the shore.
- Indulge in an in-suite massage - pre-arranged with a professional spa
therapist or an ayurvedic specialist.
- Play , sleep, eat, bathe, swim...slow
All five of our luxurious suites are suitable for that once-in-a-lifetime
unforgettable honeymoon, but for really special memories, we recommend the
spacious & sumptuous Singhe suite (Master).
|Balapitiya (20km from Bentota City).|
|Normal Check-in Time is 12.00 noon and Check-Out time is 11.00 a.m. Earlier Check-in Time or later Check-out time could be requested on a case by case basis and the hotel may agree depending on availability.